U8 Skiing (U8 2D)
Participants establish a solid foundation of alpine skiing skills on appropriate terrain and in varying conditions. This is a two day a week program that focuses on fundamental alpine skiing skills, building a solid base, working together as a team and skiing all appropriate terrain. U8 skiers will ski at both Howelsen Hill and Steamboat Ski Resort. Each child is placed in a group of similar age and ability that stays with the same coach for the entire season to enhance learning and progression. U8 skiers MUST be 6 years old by Dec 31, 2022.
- Minimum requirement: Some skiing experience that allows for skiing on green and easy blue runs. Must be able to link turns and stop.
- Participants need alpine ski equipment including a helmet.
- Skiers must have ski passes to Steamboat Ski Resort & Howelsen Hill
- Register by September 15 to ensure a place in this program
2022/23 DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS: December 10 - March 11
Thursdays - 4:15-5:45pm Howelsen Hill
Saturdays - Please refer to the calendar, split days between Steamboat Ski Resort and Howelsen Hill
Howelsen Hill days - Saturday 10:00am-12:30pm
Steamboat Resort days - Saturday 8:30am-11:30am (exact times may change due to drop-off/pick-up locations)
2022/23 PROGRAM FEE: $1,050, plus $150 refundable work deposit
For more information on the SSWSC work deposit program, click here.
Check out all the SSWSC’s scholarship opportunities, including the one-step EZ Scholarship for program discounts, HERE!
Your 5 - 7 year old athlete might also enjoy the following programs:
- Cross Country Cruisers (6-9 years)
- U8 Meisters(6-7 years)
- Boardriderz (snowboarding) (7-14 years)
Questions about this program?
Email Ali Givnish, Winter Youth Programs Director