U8 Howelsen Howlers, ages 6-7
New to the U8 Lineup for 2023/2024! We are offering a Howelsen Hill only, two-evening program. Athletes will join training with other U8 athletes, with one day of alpine skiing and one day of cross country skiing (XC). Cross country skiing has the unique ability to develop balance, weight transfer, ankle flexion, and so much more that help create a solid foundation of skills. Athletes will play on cross country classic fish scale gear one day a week and rip around on alpine gear the rest of the time. XC days will include nordic jumping on their XC and alpine skis, fun games, obstacle courses, maybe even a chairlift ride. Alpine days will focus on fundamental skills, gliding on Mile Run, riding the poma lift, skiing skill courses, bumping and jumping in the mini mogul course.
- Minimum requirement: Some alpine skiing experience that allows for skiing on green and easy blue runs. Must be able to link turns and stop on alpine gear.
- Cross country equipment: Fish scale cross country skis, classic ski boots, classic ski poles
- Alpine equipment: Alpine skis & boots, helmet (no poles to start)
- Skiers must have ski pass to Howelsen Hill - All Access.
- Register by September 15 to ensure a place in this program
- Consistent attendance is highly encouraged.
2023-2024 DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS:
December 12 - March 7
Alpine: Thursday, 4:15-5:45pm at Howelsen Hill
XC: Tuesday, 4:15-5:45pm at Howelsen Hill
*No Training December 23 - January 5, February 20 and 22
2023-2024 PROGRAM FEE: $725 plus $150 refundable work deposit
Check out all the SSWSC’s scholarship opportunities, including the one-step EZ Scholarship for program fee discounts HERE!
For more information on the SSWSC work deposit program, click here.
Questions about these programs?
Email Ali Givnish, Winter Youth Programs Director