Freeskiing Senior Team Part-Time, grades 9-12
Our Freeskiing Part-Time Competitive Program is the perfect fit for aspiring athletes who want to experience the thrill of competitive Big Mountain and Park/Pipe freeskiing while balancing other commitments. This streamlined program allows athletes to train three days a week, focusing on the fundamentals of freeskiing and introducing competitive skills.
- Big Mountain (IFSA): Aiming to introduce athletes to the world of competitive skiing, this program prepares participants to strive for qualification in IFSA National Events. The competition season typically starts in January and athletes will have the chance to participate in select competitions throughout the season based on their readiness and competition schedule.
- Park/Pipe (USASA): Aiming to introduce athletes to the world of competitive skiing, this program prepares participants to compete in Regional USASA Events. The competition season typically starts in January and athletes will have the chance to participate in select competitions throughout the season based on their readiness and competition schedule.
There will be two competitive travel opportunities along with travel camp opportunities to build team cohesion without the competition day focus. If you decide you want to do more than two competitions, there is an option to move you up to the Senior Competitive Team. Email Andy Michnay for more information.
- Minimum skiing requirement: Ability to ski the entire mountain with a desire to improve skills
- Equipment requirements: Alpine skiing or telemark equipment and a helmet
- Season pass information: Purchase ski passes to Steamboat Ski Resort and Howelsen Hill. Recommend Ikon pass for skiing at Steamboat Ski Resort and Copper Mountain.
- Competition information: Athletes in this program will be expected to compete in Regional IFSA Big Mountain Events and/or Regional USASA Park/Pipe Events. If you are looking for a non-competitive program check out our AMP Program.
- Licensing requirements: A USASA license is required for USASA slopestyle and halfpipe competitions, an IFSA membership is needed for all Big Mountain events.
- School Schedule/Skier Schedule: Athletes are required to have a part-time skier’s schedule.
2023-2024 DATES AND TIMES AND LOCATIONS: October 11 – March 16
DRYLAND: October 11-November 11
Wednesday, 4:00-6:00pm at Bald Eagle Lake for Trampoline/Filed Workout
Thursday, 4:00-5:30pm at Howelsen Hill for field workout (days may change depending on trampoline availability)
If your athlete is not participating in other fall sports, check out our additional Freeskiing Senior Team Fall Strength and Conditioning for additional preseason training and time in the gym.
Early Season: November 28 - December 22: Tuesday and Thursday, 6:00-8:00 at Howelsen Hill Sunday, 9:00am-1:00pm at Steamboat Resort
Regular Season: December 26 - March 16: Tuesday & Thursday, 1:00-3:30pm at Steamboat Resort; Sunday, 9:00am-1:00pm at Steamboat Resort
Strength and Conditioning: November 28 - March 30, Wednesday, 1-3pm at Howelsen Hill
2023-2024 PROGRAM FEE:
RESIDENT*: $4,625 plus $450 refundable work deposit
NON-RESIDENT: $5,780, plus $450 refundable work deposit
*Full-time residents of Routt or Moffat County, or full-time participants of SSWSC for two years or more (see Member Handbook for full details on resident fees)
See the Scholarship page for information on program fee scholarships, including the one-step EZ Scholarship.
For information on the SSWSC work deposit program, click here.
Email Andy Michnay, Freeskiing Program Director