The part-time program is designed for athletes who are new to the sport of freeskiing or are less competitively driven. This group focuses on development of the freeskiing fundamentals. Competition is limited and restricted to the regional level (USASA age class, or IFSA RMFS regional events). Athletes will work on freeskiing skill development across the entire mountain including the terrain parks, halfpipe, and big mountain, generally splitting time 50/50 between competition venues and out of the venue. This program is a non-competitive skill development program focused on creating a team environment to promote technical growth. There will be two competitive travel opportunities along with travel camp opportunities to build team cohesion without the competition day focus.
- Minimum skiing requirement: Ability to ski the entire mountain with a desire to improve skills
- Equipment requirements: Alpine skiing or telemark equipment and a helmet
- Season pass information: Purchase ski passes to Steamboat Ski Resort and Howelsen Hill. Recommend Ikon pass for skiing at Steamboat Ski Resort and Copper Mountain.
- Competition information: Participation in a competitive event or one camp is recommended
- Licensing requirements: A USASA license is required for USASA slopestyle and halfpipe competitions, an IFSA membership for all Big Mountain events.
October 5 - March 12
Oct 5-Nov 19
T and Th
TBD @ HH
T, Th 1:00-3:30pm @ SB
Sa 9:00am-1:00pm @ SB (Big Mountain may start at 8:15 based on schedule)
Tues at HH airbag as scheduled
PROGRAM FEE: $3,995 +$450 work deposit
Non-resident price: $4,995 +$450 work deposit
Check out all the SSWSC’s scholarship opportunities HERE!