Designed for athletes who wish to improve in Big Mountain Snowboarding. This group focuses on continued development of the snowboarding fundamentals and bringing skills all around the mountain. Training in all snowboarding venues: terrain park, halfpipe and big mountain, as tools to improve big mountain goals. The Big Mountain Team is a progression and development oriented program, with options to compete in the Rocky Mountain Freeride Series, along with IFSA national events. Participants will be on a full-time skier schedule with “0” hour at SSHS.
If your athlete is not participating in other fall sports, check out our additional Senior Snowboard Fall Dryland for additional preseason training and time in the gym.
- Minimum skiing requirement: Ability to ride the entire mountain with a desire to improve skills
- Equipment requirements: Snowboarding equipment and a helmet
- Season pass information: Purchase ski passes to Steamboat Ski Resort and Howelsen Hill. IKON pass recommended for camp opportunities
- Competition information: Athletes may participate in regional and national level IFSA events USASA(limited options)
- Licensing requirements: IFSA and RMFS memberships are required for all Big Mountain Events. US Ski & Snowboard “volunteer” memberships are required for athletes who are 18 or older for Safesport compliance.
2022/23 DATES: October 5-April 1
DRYLAND: October 5 - November 11
Wednesday and Friday 4:00-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill and Bald Eagle Lake
ON-SNOW: November 29 - April 1
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 1:00-3:30pm at Steamboat Resort
Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm at Steamboat Resort
Tuesdays 5:00-6:00 at Howelsen Hill Gym
Spring hours: March 4-April 1
Weekdays stay the same, Saturday CHANGES to 11:00-3:00pm at Steamboat Resort
Halfpipe clinics will be offered on Sundays, 12:00-2:00pm, once the Bashor halfpipe is built and open to the public.
2022/23 PROGRAM FEE:
RESIDENT*: $5,750, plus $450 refundable work deposit
NON-RESIDENT: $6,875, plus $450 refundable work deposit
*Full-time residents of Routt or Moffat County, or full-time participants of SSWSC for two years or more (see Member Handbook for full details on resident fees)
See the Scholarship page for information about program fee scholarships, including the one-step EZ Scholarship for local athletes.
For information about the SSWSC work deposit program, click here.
Questions about this program?
Email Maddy Schaffrick, Snowboard Program Director