Designed for athletes who wish to improve in Big Mountain Snowboarding. This group focuses on continued development of the Snowboarding fundamentals and bringing skills all around the mountain. Training in all Snowboarding venues: Terrain park, halfpipe and big mountain, as tools to improve big mountain goals. The Big Mountain Team is a progression and development oriented program, with options to compete in the Rocky Mountain Freeride Series, along with IFSA national events.
- Minimum skiing requirement: Ability to Ride the entire mountain with a desire to improve skills
- Equipment requirements: Snowboarding equipment and a helmet
- Season pass information: Purchase ski passes to Steamboat Ski Resort and Howelsen Hill. IKON pass recommended for camp opportunities
- Competition information: Athletes may participate in regional and national level IFSA events USASA(limited options)
- Licensing requirements: IFSA and RMFS memberships are required for all Big Mountain Events. US Ski And SB Volunteer memberships are required for athletes who are 18 or older for Safesport Legislation.
Sep 7-April 2 (or thru IFSA Nor Am Champs if qualified)
March 5-April 2
Sep 7- Nov 18
T and Th 4-6pm @ HH
4-6 @ Bald Eagle Lake and HH as scheduled
T, Th, F 1:00-3:30pm @ SB
Sa 8:15am-1:00pm @ SB
T 4:00-5:00 @ HH Gym
Tues at HH airbag as scheduled
T, Th,F 1:00-3:30pm, Sat 11:00-3:00pm @ SB
PROGRAM FEE:$4,995 +$450 work deposit
Check out all the SSWSC’s scholarship opportunities HERE!