Designed for athletes who wish to improve in Competitive Big Mountain Snowboarding. This group focuses on continued development of the Snowboarding fundamentals and competitive skills. Training in all Snowboarding venues: Terrain park, halfpipe and big mountain, as tools to improve big mountain goals. The team generally splits training time 70/30 in a competitive venue environment and out of venue. The Big Mountain Team is a competition oriented program, competing in the Rocky Mountain Freeride Series, along with IFSA national events.
- Minimum skiing requirement: Ability to Ride the entire mountain with a desire to improve skills
- Equipment requirements: Alpine skiing, Snowboarding or telemark equipment, a back protector and a helmet
- Season pass information: Purchase ski passes to Steamboat Ski Resort and Howelsen Hill. IKON pass recommended for camp opportunities
- Competition information: Athletes may participate in regional and national level IFSA events USASA(limited options)
- Licensing requirements: IFSA and RMFS memberships are required for all Big Mountain Events. US Ski And SB Volunteer memberships are required for athletes who are 18 or older for Safesport Legislation.
Sep 7-April 2 (or thru IFSA Nor Am Champs if qualified)
March 5-April 2
Sep 7- Nov 18
T and Th 4-6pm @ HH
4-6 @ Bald Eagle Lake and HH as scheduled
T, Th, F 1:00-3:30pm @ SB
Sa 8:15am-1:00pm @ SB
T 4:00-5:00 @ HH Gym
Tues at HH airbag as scheduled
T, Th,F 1:00-3:30pm, Sat 11:00-3:00pm @ SB
PROGRAM FEE:$4,995 +$450 work deposit
Check out all the SSWSC’s scholarship opportunities HERE!