The Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club has the following career opportunities available:
- Operations and Facilities Specialist
- Date posted: 09/06/17
Job title: Operations and Facilities Specialist
Number of openings: One
Department: SSWSC Operations
Duration of job: October 15th 2017 to April 15th 2018
Starting date: October 15
Days worked: Rotating Schedule – 40hrs/week
Weekend work: Yes
Wage: $18-$20/hr depending on experience
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. on a frequent basis
• Must be able to maneuver and work on steep and uneven, mountain-like terrain and often-inclement weather.
Minimum Skills, Experience, and Ability
• Ability to manage operational and facilities infrastructure and processes.
• Ability to work under pressure, with capacity to organize, prioritize and manage complex projects and processes.
• Strong knowledge of winter sports programming and snow sport racing and training, including snow making, grooming and safety standards.
• Skilled at troubleshooting, paying close attention to details and actively managing timelines and deadlines.
• Must possess excellent relationship and communication skills.
• Carpentry, and mechanical maintenance experience required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Under the direction of the SSWSC Director of Operations and Facilities, support the operations and facilities of the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club, including the following:
o SSWSC general operations at Howelsen Hill and Mt. Werner Ski Area, including (i) facilities coordination, maintenance and support, as well as supporting athletic programming and event setup, (ii) set-up and operations and facilities management of club-sponsored or supported community events; and (iii) assist in maintaining the Club’s van fleet,
• As direction by the SSWSC Director of Operations and Facilities, support the operations and facilities of the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club, including the SWWSC parking lot in Ski Time Square, SSWSC water ramps at Bald Eagle Lake and Howelsen Hill terrain parks
• Maintain a constructive working relationship with SSRC, City staff, and other partners as assigned.
• Participate in all relevant preseason SSWSC staff training seminars and training.
• Maintain a professional and collegial relationship with all SSWSC coaches and staff members.
• Other duties and projects as assigned by the Director of Operations and Facilities.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Eric Friese.