The Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club has the following career opportunities available:
- Freestyle U15/U13 Coordinator, U13 Head Coach, Assistant to Freestyle Program Director
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee both the U15 and U13 Freestyle programs, (create programming for dryland and on snow trainings for all Junior Freestyle but assist and teach head coach of U15 how to create training plans).
- Head coach of the Junior Freestyle program, (creating programming for on snow)
- Run and create programming for dryland training for U15 and Junior Freestyle programs
- Assist Freestyle Director in organizational duties:
- Organizing camps
- Programming for all abilities
- Sponsorship relations
- Parent meetings
- Handbooks and program guides
- Water ramp programming and information dissemination
- Sending competition and training video to athletes /parents
- Course building and maintaining
- Water ramp scheduling
*Position can be either year round with benefits or 7 months depending on skill set.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Bobby Aldighieri.
- Snowboardcross Head Coach
Date Posted: May 11th, 2017
Interview Period: May 22nd-July 1st
Start Date: October 1st, 2017
End Date: April 15th, 2018
Salary: Negotiable- DOQ
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to lift, carry and/or snowboard with up to 40lbs. on a frequent basis
- Must be able to work on uneven terrain and often-inclement weather for long periods of time
Minimum skills, experience, educations and ability required for this job:
- Experience coaching snowboarding with snowboardcross and racing knowledge
- Must be able to snowboard at an advanced level and have a competition background
- Current USASA level 200 certification preferred, working towards level 300
- Ability to work under pressure and be a strong team player with proven leadership skills
- Must be familiar with the USASA and USSA competitive pipeline
- Must have excellent communication skills and be comfortable working closely with athletes and parents
- Ability to manage and coordinate travel to Regional, National and International races
- Strong organizational skills
- Polite and friendly demeanor with a willingness to act as a role model for kids and teens
- Valid driver’s license and insurability
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, equipment used and job knowledge:
- Primary focus is developing and implementing daily, weekly and seasonal training plans for competitive athletes ranging from amateur level to World Cup level.
- Work with athletes to develop a realistic competition schedule and competition goals
- Developing and implementing strength and conditioning training throughout the season
- Maintain a positive presence at all events as a representative of the SSWSC Snowboard Team
- Take direction from and report to Snowboard Program Director
- Provide information, feedback and progressions to riders about snowboard techniques and applications
- Use video review techniques on a regular basis
- Assist program participants in setting reasonable goals daily, weekly and throughout the winter
- Establish and maintain positive, constructive communication with parents including periodic progress reports for the program participants
- Build and maintain Howelsen Hill SBX course
- Will represent and uphold the SSWSC core values of excellence, teamwork, integrity, dedication and respect
- Is motivated by and is excited to invest in the club’s vision to be the best at creating champions on and of the mountain.
- Uphold a standard of professionalism as a member of the SSWSC coaching staff
- Suggest improvements and make recommendations to support the SSWSC snowboard program
- Maintain a quality relationship with the Steamboat Ski and Resort Corp. staff, SSWSC members, parents and staff, City of Steamboat staff and other members of the Steamboat community.
*This is a salaried position and may require extended hours not subject to overtime pay
Please submit resume and cover letter to Tori Koski.