Submit Your Resume:
Even if we don’t have a job posted, we would still love to hear from you. You can submit your cover letter and resume directly by email to the following discipline directors:
General Inquiries: send your cover letter and resume to Athletic Director Dave Stewart
Youth Development: Blair Seymour
Alpine: Tyler Shepherd
Freestyle: Sam Tarrant
Freeskiing: Andy Michnay
Snowboarding: Maddy Schaffrick
Cross Country: Brian Tate
Jumping/Nordic Combined: Todd Wilson
Cycling: Blair Seymour
Skateboarding: Maddy Schaffrick
Positions Currently Accepting Applications:
- Head Alpine Strength & Conditioning Coach & Assistant Alpine Competitive Program
- APPLICATION PERIOD: Through Thursday, June 30, 2022
Position Overview: In alignment with the mission of SSWSC, the Head Alpine Strength & Conditioning Coach is responsible for all year-round programming, day to day planning and training of Alpine athletes. This position will serve as an assistant Alpine Competitive Program
Coach with the appropriate age group. Responsible for ensuring the appropriate periodization and progression for training success while maintaining a positive environment for athletes to grow and excel both in and outside the sport.
The Head Alpine Strength & Conditioning Coach will work closely with the Director of Strength & Conditioning, Alpine Competitive Program Director, Alpine Technical Director, and Associate Alpine Program Director to foster alignment, progression, optimal participation and performance throughout the Alpine Program.
- Head FIS Alpine Coach
APPLICATION PERIOD: June 3, 2022
Position Overview: In alignment with the mission of SSWSC, the Head FIS Alpine Coach is responsible for all year-round, day to day planning and training of athletes. Responsible for ensuring the highest level of training for success at the international level of the sport, while maintaining a positive environment in which athletes are expected to adhere to high standards of conduct, excelling both in and outside the sport. The Head FIS Alpine Coach will work closely with the Alpine Competitive Program Director, Alpine Technical Director, and Associate Alpine Program Director to foster alignment, progression, optimal participation and performance throughout the FIS Alpine Program.
Minimum Skills, Experience, and Ability
- Must be able to work under pressure with poise; with capacity to organize, prioritize and manage complex projects and processes pertaining to alpine athletes and staff
- Strong project management skills and ability to ensure consistency of weekly communication out to athletes & parents, coaching, programming and process in the FIS alpine programs.
- Working with the Alpine Competitive Program Director to recruit and hire new coaches at the FIS level, and to assist with ongoing training and evaluation of FIS staff
- Will work with the Associate Alpine Director on effectively creating and implementing a communication plan for the season
- Expert knowledge of alpine racing and training, including course setting, safety netting and overall safety standards coaching
- Ensure that all FIS staff work most efficiently and effectively to deliver timely information to athletes and parents at all times of the year
- Maintain strong, positive relationships with SSWSC Alpine FIS program families
- With the Alpine Competitive Program Director, work to develop live training and competition calendars in an on-line platform for each athlete in the FIS Alpine programs
- Work with Alpine Competitive Program Director to better understand principles of periodization and create and publish an SSWSC FIS Alpine “best practices” document specific to over-arching athlete management principles
- Work with athletes and all FIS staff each season to help them define aggressive but realistic goals
- Develop prep and competition plans that reflect the mission of the SSWSC, goals of the athlete, and sound, science-based periodization training and competition models that lead to success through a targeted and creative approach
- Work with the Director of Strength and Conditioning to identify and address trends in injuries over the past three seasons in ALL age groups
- Work with the Alpine Competitive Program Director and lead coaches to develop and coach spring, summer, fall camps and securing lane space for all necessary training needs
- Uphold and contribute to the SSWSC mission, vision and core values
- Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeper
APPLICATION PERIOD: Through July 15, 2022
Position Overview: Provides assistance to the Finance Director, responsible for processing payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and provides support for credit card expense reconciliation. The position has the opportunity to grow as the employee becomes more familiar with the organization.
READ MORE ABOUT THE POSITION AND HOW TO APPLY
- SSWSC Mountain Bike Coaches
- Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club seeks qualified candidates to join our team of mountain bike coaches. Please email Blair Seymour if interested. Paid and volunteer positions available.