This is an intensive snowboard race program. Pro-Am race athletes have a desire to compete at the biggest events and reach the peak of snowboard racing both nationally and internationally. Specific attention is given to each athlete in designing and implementing a realistic competitive schedule to maximize performance and improve points. All aspects of snowboard racing are addressed, including physical conditioning, technical and tactical development, equipment preparation/set up and mental training.
Pro-Am Boardercross (PABX) Add-on: Specific attention is given to each athlete in designing and implementing a realistic competitive schedule to maximize performance and improve points. Coaches will focus on isolating and enhancing the various skill sets needed to excel in SBX. All aspects of boardercross racing are addressed including elements of freestyle, gate training, physical conditioning, video review, mental preparation, technical ability, tactical development and equipment preparation. Training will include SBX specific on-snow sessions and competition travel, with some Thursday and Friday SBX training sessions. Riders must have SBX-specific equipment. Riders will compete in USASA and NorAm SBX events. U.S. Ski & Snowboard membership and FIS license required for Holeshot Tour and higher events.
- Minimum riding requirement: Prior competition experience and coach’s recommendation. Strong internal motivation, willing to think outside the box and participate in team building within the group.
- Equipment requirements: Alpine snowboard equipment and a helmet
- Season pass information: Purchase season passes at Steamboat Ski Resort (IKON Pass recommended) and Howelsen Hill
- Competition information: Compete in USASA and NorAm/RTTC events
- Licensing requirements: A USASA license is required for USASA races. In addition, U.S. Ski & Snowboard and FIS licenses required for RTTC and higher level events.
2022/23 DATES: September 6-March 29
FALL DRYLAND: September 6 – November 10
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 4:30-6pm at Howelsen Hill
Wednesday 4-6pm at Bald Eagle Lake
ON-SNOW: November 29 - March 29
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 1-4pm at Howelsen Hill
Thursday, 1-4pm at Steamboat Resort
Friday, 1-4pm at Howelsen Hill
2022/23 PROGRAM FEE:
RESIDENT*: $8,100, plus $600 refundable work deposit
NON-RESIDENT: $10,100, plus $600 refundable work deposit
RESIDENT WITH SBX ADD-ON: $8,900, plus $600 refundable work deposit
NON-RESIDENT WITH SBX ADD-ON: $11,125, plus $600 refundable work deposit
*Full-time residents of Routt or Moffat County, or full-time participants of SSWSC for two years or more (see Member Handbook for full details on resident fees)
See the Scholarship page for information on program fee scholarships, including the one-step EZ Scholarship for local athletes.
For more information about the SSWSC work deposit program, click here.
Email Thedo Remmelink, ProAm Race Head Coach