This is an intensive snowboard race program. Pro-Am race athletes have a desire to compete at the biggest events and reach the peak of snowboard racing both nationally and internationally. Specific attention is given to each athlete in designing and implementing a realistic competitive schedule to maximize performance and improve points. All aspects of snowboard racing are addressed, including physical conditioning, technical and tactical development, equipment preparation/set up and mental training.
Pro-Am Boardercross (PABX) Add-on: Specific attention is given to each athlete in designing and implementing a realistic competitive schedule to maximize performance and improve points. Coaches will focus on isolating and enhancing the various skill sets needed to excel in SBX. All aspects of boardercross racing are addressed including elements of freestyle, gate training, physical conditioning, video review, mental preparation, technical ability, tactical development and equipment preparation. Training will include SBX specific on-snow sessions and competition travel, with some Thursday and Friday SBX training sessions. Riders must have SBX-specific equipment. Riders will compete in USASA and NorAm SBX events. U.S. Ski & Snowboard membership and FIS license required for Holeshot Tour and higher events.
- Minimum riding requirement: Prior competition experience and coach’s recommendation. Strong internal motivation, willing to think outside the box and participate in team building within the group.
- Equipment requirements: Alpine snowboard equipment and a helmet
- Season pass information: Purchase season passes at Steamboat Ski Resort (IKON Pass recommended) and Howelsen Hill
- Competition information: Compete in USASA and NorAm/RTTC events
- Licensing requirements: A USASA license is required for USASA races. In addition, U.S. Ski & Snowboard and FIS licenses required for RTTC and higher level events.
September 7 – April 2
W 4:00-6:00pm at Bald Eagle Lake
T, Th 4:00-6:00pm @ HH
M, T, W 1:00-4:00pm @ SB or HH
T&Th 5pm-6pm @HH gym
Sa, Su 10:00am-1:00pm @ SB or HH
PROGRAM FEE:$7,475 +$450 work deposit
Non-resident price: $9,340 +$450 work deposit
With PABX add-on:$8,225 +$450 work deposit
Non-resident price: $10,280 +$450 work deposit