The U15 Moguls program is designed for athletes in Middle School who have selected moguls as their winter sport competitive team. This program continues to develop fundamental skiing skills and all aspects of competitive mogul skiing. Additionally, this program includes an introduction to high performance athletics, such as goal setting, physical conditioning, acrobatic training, and technical and tactical skill development. Competitions are sanctioned by Rocky Mountain Freestyle, and athletes will compete in the Qualifier Series and Comp Series events. The coaching staff determines the competition schedule for each athlete using an age-appropriate and skill-based model. Athletes in this program should participate in the SSWSC U15 summer training program.
- Minimum skiing requirement: Desire and ability to ski black runs and a desire to improve skills
- Equipment requirements: Must have mogul specific skis and helmet, discuss with coaches before purchasing
- Season pass information: Purchase ski passes to Steamboat Ski Resort (Ikon pass recommended) and Howelsen Hill
- Competition information: Athletes participate in Rocky Mountain Devo/RQS and/or Comp Series events
- Licensing requirements: U.S. Ski & Snowboard membership is required for competition
2022/23 DATES: October 10 through April 2
Dryland training: Tues & Thurs 4:00-6:00pm (Oct 10 to Thanksgiving Break)
Check out September Ramps for additional water ramp training going into the winter season.
Tues & Thurs 6:00-8:00pm @ Howelsen Hill
Sat 8:30am-2:00pm @ Steamboat Ski Resort
Sun 10:00am-1:00pm @ Steamboat Ski Resort
2022/23 PROGRAM FEE: $4,700, plus $450 refundable work deposit
See the Scholarship page for information on program fee scholarships, including the one-step EZ Scholarship.
For information on the SSWSC work deposit program, click here
Email Sam Tarrant, Freestyle Program Director