The Senior Snowboard Team is for the experienced rider who exhibits a high level of dedication to snowboarding and is looking to develop the well-rounded skills required for competition and elite level riding. Training sessions will focus on advanced techniques in Slopestyle and Halfpipe with the goal of developing a strong base for Future’s Tour and Revolution Tour competitions. The training schedule will be customized to each individual rider’s competition schedule to better accommodate energy preservation and concentrated focus. Riders will work with their coach pre-season to establish an outline of their training and competition schedule. All aspects of freestyle snowboarding are implemented including physical conditioning, video review, video-edit composition, mental preparation, technical ability, tactical development and equipment preparation. Strength and Conditioning is included two days per week throughout the winter season. Mental strength training is offered through SSWSC’s in-house Mental Strength Coach. Participants will be on a full racer schedule with “0” hour at SSHS.
Pro-Am Boardercross (PABX) Add-on: Specific attention is given to each athlete in designing and implementing a realistic competitive schedule to maximize performance and improve points. Coaches will focus on isolating and enhancing the various skill sets needed to excel in SBX. All aspects of boardercross racing are addressed including elements of freestyle, gate training, physical conditioning, video review, mental preparation, technical ability, tactical development and equipment preparation. Training will include SBX specific on-snow sessions and competition travel, with some Sunday training sessions. Riders must have SBX-specific equipment. Riders will compete in USASA and NorAm SBX events. U.S. Ski & Snowboard membership and FIS license required for Holeshot Tour and higher events.
- Minimum riding requirement: Prior competition experience, advanced riding ability, and coach’s recommendation. Strong internal motivation, willing to think outside the box and participate in team building within the group. Desire to compete and consistently progress one’s overall development within freestyle snowboarding.
- Equipment requirements: Discipline specific snowboard equipment and a helmet
- Season pass information: Purchase season passes at Steamboat Ski Resort and Howelsen Hill. (IKON pass recommended)
- Competition information: Emphasis placed on U.S. Ski & Snowboard Futures Tour and Revolution Tour Events. USASA regional competitions may be considered after communication and deliberation is made with the coach.
- Licensing requirements: A USASA license is required for USASA slopestyle and halfpipe competition. U.S. Ski & Snowboard membership required in addition for Futures Tour and Rev Tour.
September 7 – April 2
W 4:00-6:00pm at Bald Eagle Lake
T, Th 4:00-6:00pm @ HH
To be determined once competition schedule is posted
T&Th 5:00-6:00pm @ HH gym
Sa 8:45am-2:00pm @ SB
PROGRAM FEE:$4,995 +$600 work deposit
Non-resident price: $6,240 +$600 work deposit
With PABX add-on: $6,050 +$600 work deposit
Non-resident price: $7,560 +$600 work deposit