Snowboard Senior Team, grades 9-12
The Snowboard Senior Team is for the experienced rider who exhibits a high level of dedication to snowboarding and is looking to develop the well-rounded skills required for competition and elite-level riding. Training sessions will focus on advanced techniques in Slopestyle and Halfpipe with the goal of developing a strong base for USASA events and Future’s Tour and Rev Tours competitions. These athletes will compete in USASA, Futures, and Rev Tour events.
- Minimum riding requirement: Prior competition experience, advanced riding ability. Strong internal motivation, willing to think outside the box and participate in team building within the group. Desire to compete and consistently progress one’s overall development within freestyle snowboarding.
- Equipment requirements: Discipline-specific snowboard equipment and a helmet.
- School Schedule: SSHS athletes must have “0” hour all year, partial skier schedule in fall, full skier schedule in winter.
- Season pass information: Purchase season passes at Steamboat Ski Resort. Howelsen Hill ticket or pass needed for airbag days.
- Competition information: USASA events through Rocky Mountain Series and Futures/Rev Tour Slopestyle and Halfpipe events.
- Licensing requirements: A USASA license is required for USASA slopestyle and halfpipe competitions. U.S. Ski & Snowboard/FIS membership required in addition for Futures & Rev Tours.
2023-2024 DATES, TIMES, and LOCATIONS: September 5 – March 30
DRYLAND: September 5 – November 10
Tuesday, 1:00-2:30pm - Howelsen Gym
Wednesday, 4:00-6:00pm at Bald Eagle Lake
Thursday, 1:00-2:30pm - Howelsen Hill
ON-SNOW: November 28 – April 6
Tuesday-Friday, 1:00-4:00pm at Steamboat Resort
Saturday, 10:00am - 2:00pm at Steamboat Resort
Tuesday at Howelsen Hill as scheduled for airbag - Howelsen day ticket or pass will be required.
Tuesday, 5:00-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill gym
Halfpipe clinics will be offered on Sunday 12:00-2:00pm, once the Bashor halfpipe is built and open to the public.
2023-2024 PROGRAM FEE:
RESIDENT*: $5,900 plus $600 refundable work deposit
NON-RESIDENT: $7,375 plus $600 refundable work deposit
*Full-time residents of Routt or Moffat County, or full-time participants of SSWSC for two years or more (see Member Handbook for full details on resident fees)
See the Scholarship page for information on program fee scholarships, including the one-step EZ Scholarship.
For more information about the SSWSC work deposit program, click here.
Questions about this program?
Email Alex Deibold, Snowboard Program Director