The Senior Snowboard Team is for the experienced rider who exhibits a high level of dedication to snowboarding and is looking to develop the well-rounded skills required for competition and elite level riding. Training sessions will focus on advanced techniques in Slopestyle and Halfpipe with the goal of developing a strong base for USASA events and Future’s Tour competitions. Participants will be on a full “skier” schedule with “0” hour at SSHS. In order to promote free-riding all around the mountain with friends and family and prevent burnout through the season, this program does not include training on the weekends. Athletes will get plenty of training during the week and all USASA events are held on weekends.
If your athlete is not participating in other fall sports, check out our additional Senior Snowboard Fall Dryland for additional preseason training and time in the gym.
- Minimum riding requirement: Prior competition experience, advanced riding ability, and coach’s recommendation. Strong internal motivation, willing to think outside the box and participate in team building within the group. Desire to compete and consistently progress one’s overall development within freestyle snowboarding.
- Equipment requirements: Discipline specific snowboard equipment and a helmet.
- Season pass information: Purchase season passes at Steamboat Ski Resort and Howelsen Hill. (IKON pass recommended)
- Competition information: USASA events through Rocky Mountain Series and Future’s Tour Slopestyle and Halfpipe events.
- Licensing requirements:A USASA license is required for USASA slopestyle and halfpipe competitions. U.S. Ski & Snowboard membership required in addition for Futures Tours.
2022/23 DATES: October 5-March 30
DRYLAND: October 5 - November 11
Wednesday 4:00-6:00pm at Bald Eagle Lake
Friday 4:00-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill
ON-SNOW: November 29 - March 30
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, 1:00-4:00pm at Steamboat Resort
Tuesday at Howelsen Hill as scheduled for airbag
Tuesday 5:00-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill gym
Halfpipe clinics will be offered on Sundays 12:00-2:00pm, once the Bashor halfpipe is built and open to the public.
2022/23 PROGRAM FEE:
RESIDENT*: $5,500, plus $600 refundable work deposit
NON-RESIDENT: $6,875, plus $600 refundable work deposit
*Full-time residents of Routt or Moffat County, or full-time participants of SSWSC for two years or more (see Member Handbook for full details on resident fees)
See the Scholarship page for information on program fee scholarships, including the one-step EZ Scholarship.
For more information about the SSWSC work deposit program, click here.
Email Maddy Schaffrick, Snowboard Program Director