To create champions on and off the mountain by developing life skills and providing growth opportunities through participation in sports.
We support our mission by:
- Celebrating and leveraging Steamboat’s unparalleled winter sports heritage to instill life-long passion for sports, health, and physical fitness
- Embracing and mobilizing the resources and participation of our community for the long term benefit of our athletes
- Providing opportunities through scholarship and financial assistance
- Cultivating and living a culture of “excellence”, with high academic, athletic, and personal standards
- Providing first class training and mentoring
- Delivered by passionate and committed coaches in alignment with our mission and vision,
- Enabled by competitive and diverse terrain, programs, and facilities
- Developing the “complete athlete”, both on and off the mountain.
SSWSC is the model community youth organization for long-term personal development through sport.
In short, we aspire to develop the “complete” athlete – coaching every individual to achieve their highest level of human and athletic performance – resulting in healthy, contributing members of our community as well as skilled and passionate athletes.
Teamwork, Integrity, Fun, and Achieve
• Celebrate success – your and others
• Hold yourself and others accountable
• Promote, leverage and celebrate each other
• Respect and support others
• Be honest
• Do the right thing
• Honor the legacy
• Emphasize the positive
• Enjoy the process
• Be playful (sport is play)
• Learn from your mistakes
• Pursue excellence
• Exhibit passion everyday