Snowboard Devo Team, grades 2-5
This program is intended for riders who are looking to progress their snowboard skills while being introduced to the world of competition. This is a great program for the young rider who already has a solid foundation of skills on their snowboard and wants to further develop fundamental skills. The Devo Team will have competition opportunities to develop and test their skills against other regional riders. In order to foster the rider’s long-term athletic development and provide experience and learning opportunities, athletes will have the chance to participate in one regional event for each discipline: Giant Slalom, Slalom, Boardercross, Halfpipe, Slopestyle, and Rail Jam through USASA Rocky Mountain Series.
The weekly training schedule and introduction to one event per discipline is based on U.S. Ski & Snowboard’s Training System Matrix and the Phase 2 recommendations of being in an Adventure Stage of training and Competing for Fun. We will emphasize team camaraderie and team culture while setting individual goals and focusing on individual progression.
- Minimum riding requirement: Ability to confidently link S-turns on black terrain.
- Equipment requirements: Participants need snowboard equipment, and a helmet. An all-terrain board is recommended.
- Season Pass Information: Participants must purchase season passes at Steamboat Ski Resort (Ikon pass recommended) and Howelsen Hill.
- Competition information: Competition is strongly encouraged but not required. Riders will participate in the USASA Regional Series.
- Licensing requirements: A USASA license is required for all USASA Rocky Mountain Series competition.
2023-2024 PROGRAM DATES, TIMES & LOCATIONS: November 27 - March 16
Monday and Thursday, 4:15-6:30pm at Howelsen Hill
Saturday, 8:30am-3:00pm at Steamboat Resort
Plus three additional training days at Copper Mountain on school days off or Sundays (additional van and ticket/ski pass might apply).
There will be no training offered December 23-30 or February 19-24. All times and locations are subject to change and will be accompanied by sufficient communication ahead of time.
Halfpipe clinics will be offered on Sundays, 12:00-2:00pm, once the Bashor halfpipe is built and open to the public. No additional cost is required.
For a fall dryland program to prepare for the on-snow season, check out October FunFit
2023-2024 PROGRAM FEE: $2,950 plus $300 refundable work deposit
Questions about this program?
Email Alex Deibold, Snowboard Program Director