We are in the process of updating our scholarships applications to an online service. Please check back in mid August for available scholarships and applications!
The following information outlines the scholarship opportunities available to SSWSC athletes.
- Athletic Achievement Award Fund Apply Online
Athletic Achievement Award Fund
Source of Funds:
These funds are generated by the Moose is Loose Golf Tournament as well as other private donations to this fund. All funds will be held under control of SSWSC Foundation and dispersed for the sole purpose of this award.
Applications are currently available through online application. Applications will be accepted until March 15th and funds will be dispersed by April 1st. Awards may be used to offset expenses related to competition costs.
- Athletes in all SSWSC disciplines are eligible
- Athletes age 13 yrs or older that qualify for a National Championship and/or Junior Nationals and or International Events.
- Awards based upon actual event expenses
- Achievement Award Fund Application Criteria to include:
- Coaches recommendations
- Copy of your most recent report card
- Teacher Recommendation
For further information, please contact Sarah Floyd at 879-0695 extension #104 or e-mail Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bill Michalek Memorial Scholarship Apply Online
Bill Michalek Memorial Scholarship
- Amount available—Two $2,500 scholarships will be awarded each year
- Dates awarded – May 31st and September 30th of each year
- Application periods – April 15th – May 15th and August 15th – September 15th
- Application can be found online at www.SSWSC.org under the scholarship tab.
- Applicant must be an active participant of the SSWSC.
- Applicant must be 13-18 years old.
- Applicant must have a 3.0 grade point average or higher.
- Applicant has shown strong character traits during his/her time with the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club.
- Athlete must be in a “full time” competitive program
- PROGRAM FEE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
A. Two scholarship application periods are available:
1. Applications due by September 30th for an October 15th award
2. Applications due by December 1st for a December 15th award.
B. 1/3 of all program fees and SSWSC Work Deposit must be paid in full before a scholarship application will be considered.
C. Confidentiality of submitted information is guaranteed.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR PROGRAM FEE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS
A. Preference will be given to any athlete 18 and under. Masters athletes are not eligible for SSWSC scholarships.
B. Must demonstrate financial need and desire to participate.
C. If granted a scholarship, applicant must work off 100% of work deposit in current year.
D. Must receive positive recommendation from previous year’s coaches, or, if new, from a reliable source.
E. Must be willing to conduct one’s self in an exemplary manner consistent with the ideals, rules and standards of the SSWSC