This program is designed to help competitors develop their skiing skills to their fullest potential. All aspects of competitive skiing will be covered, including physical conditioning, technical and tactical development and equipment preparation education, etc. Participants will compete in U16 races and the scored SYNC series and may include out of division racing as qualified. This program requires a special class schedule with the school. Families should request a skier schedule. Check with your school counselor for details. On-snow training begins in late October with trips to Loveland or Copper Mountain. The U16 age group is for skiers born in 2006 and 2007.
- Eligibility requirement: New athletes to the SSWSC must first contact Alpine Program Director Tyler Shepherd email@example.com prior to registration. Athletes are expected to participate in pre-season dryland training and/or a fall sport, and participate in RMD and regional races.
- Equipment requirements: Skiers should have and consistently maintain Super G, GS and slalom skis, properly fitted ski boots, helmet, goggles with UV lenses, speed suit, back protector, slalom pole guards, and shin guards. Helmets must have FIS approved sticker. Downhill skis recommended.
- Season pass information: Must have ski passes to Howelsen Hill and to Steamboat Ski Resort – Ikon pass recommended
- Competition information: Participation in SYNC Series, RMD qualification events, U16 Championships/ Council Cup and spring races.
- Licensing requirements: U.S. Ski & Snowboard competitor membership required
August 25 – April 10
TBD @ HH
T-F 1:00-4:00pm @ SB or HH
Sa 8:30am-3:00pm @ SB
Su 8:30am-3:00pm @ SB
PROGRAM FEE:$8,725 + $600 work deposit
Non-resident price: $10,900 + $600 work deposit
Late April and May weekend training sessions will be offered based on snow conditions at Loveland, Winter Park or other nearby areas at an additional cost.
Check out all the SSWSC’s scholarship opportunities HERE!
For more information on work deposits and charitable contributions click here.