U6 Meister is a development program for participants who are ready to ski in a group that combines alpine skiing and cross country classic skiing. Athletes experience both cross country skiing and alpine skiing with skill development, games, and skiing adventures. Fundamental skiing skills and skiing as a group are introduced in an encouraging and fun way. All skiers must be able to stop and turn by themselves on alpine skis before the start of the program. Skiers must be ready to ski without their parents and willingly leave the meeting area with their coaches. We welcome parent volunteers to help as lift riders on Sundays. Participants must be 5 years old by December 31, 2021.
- Minimum requirement: Ability to stop by themselves on alpine skis
- Participants need alpine ski equipment including helmets (ski poles not required) and waxless cross country ski equipment including skis, boots and poles.
- Low cost equipment rentals for this program are available through the Steamboat Ski Touring Center- (970) 879-8180
- Participants must have a ski pass to Steamboat Ski Resort. A cross country trail pass to Howelsen Hill is provided during training times only.
- Enrollment for this program will reach capacity. Register early.
DATES AND TIMES:
Sundays, 9:00am-12:15pm, January 9 – March 13 (no training: 1/16, 2/20)
Wednesdays 4:00-5:30pm January 5 - March 9
LOCATION: Steamboat Ski Resort
PROGRAM FEE: $795, plus $75 refundable work deposit (Volunteer as a lift rider to work off your work deposit!)
- SCHOLARSHIP PRICING
- The EZ Scholarship is available to resident athletes whose 2020 family adjusted gross income (AGI) is under $160,000. When registering, you may choose the appropriate scholarship discount as follows:
2020 AGI Adjusted program fee $60,000 or less $477.00 $60,000-$85,000 $596.25 $85,000-$110,000 $675.75 $110,000-$160,000 $715.50
Note that at the end of registration on the payment screen, the full price of the program will show, but before your payment is processed the amount will be adjusted. The scholarship does not reduce the work deposit.
In addition to the EZ Scholarship, families may apply for program fee scholarships whether or not they are eligible for the EZ Scholarship. For full scholarship info, click here.
For more information on work deposits and charitable contributions click here.
Check out all the SSWSC’s scholarship opportunities HERE!