PASBX is designed for riders committed to snowboardcross training. Specific attention is given to each athlete in designing and implementing a realistic competition schedule to maximize performance and improve points. Coaches will focus on isolating and enhancing the various skill sets needed to excel in SBX. All aspects of SBX racing are addressed including elements of freestyle, gate training, physical conditioning, video review, mental preparation, technical ability, tactical development and equipment preparation.
Pro-Am Race (PAR) Add-On: Add training with this intensive race program. Pro-Am race athletes have a desire to compete at the biggest events and reach the peak of snowboard racing both nationally and internationally. Specific attention is given to each athlete in designing and implementing a realistic competitive schedule to maximize performance and improve points. All aspects of snowboard racing are addressed, including physical conditioning, technical and tactical development, equipment preparation/set up and mental training. Coaches work with riders to set a schedule with a majority of time in SBX and 2-3 days in PAR generally per week. May vary with competition schedules.
- Minimum riding requirement: Advanced riding skills and prior competitive SBX experience. Must be 15 years of age to participate in any FIS-sanctioned event.
- Equipment requirements: SBX-specific snowboard equipment and a helmet
- Season pass information: Purchase season passes at Steamboat Ski Resort (IKON Pass recommended) and Howelsen Hill
- Competition information: Compete in USASA Rocky Mountain Series, Super Series, Holeshot Tour, and NorAm Cup races.
- Licensing requirements: A USASA license is required for USASA races. In addition, U.S. Ski & Snowboard membership and FIS license required for Holeshot Tour and higher level events.
2022/23 DATES: September 6 – March 29
DRYLAND: September 6 – November 10
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 4:30-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill
Wednesday 4:00-6:00pm at Bald Eagle Lake
ON-SNOW: November 29 - March 29
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday, 1:00-3:00pm at Steamboat Resort or Howelsen Hill
Saturday 8:45am-2:00pm at Steamboat Resort or Howelsen Hill
Tuesday and Thursday 5:00-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill gym
May vary on a weekly basis based on competition schedule
2022/23 PROGRAM FEE:
RESIDENT*: $6,850, plus $450 refundable work deposit
NON-RESIDENT: $8,560, plus $450 refundable work deposit
With Pro-Am Race add-on:
RESIDENT*: $7,800, plus $450 refundable work deposit
NON-RESIDENT: $9,750, plus $450 refundable work deposit
*Full-time residents of Routt or Moffat County, or full-time participants of SSWSC for two years or more (see Member Handbook for full details on resident fees)
See the Scholarship page for information on program fee scholarships, including the one-step EZ Scholarship for local athletes.
For information on the SSWSC work deposit program, click here.
Email Maddy Schaffrick, Snowboard Program Director