PASBX is designed for riders committed to snowboardcross training. Specific attention is given to each athlete in designing and implementing a realistic competition schedule to maximize performance and improve points. Coaches will focus on isolating and enhancing the various skill sets needed to excel in SBX. All aspects of SBX racing are addressed including elements of freestyle, gate training, physical conditioning, video review, mental preparation, technical ability, tactical development and equipment preparation.
- Minimum riding requirement: Advanced riding skills and prior competitive SBX experience. Must be 15 years of age to participate in any FIS-sanctioned event.
- Equipment requirements: SBX-specific snowboard equipment and a helmet
- Season pass information: Purchase season passes at Steamboat Ski Resort (IKON Pass recommended) and Howelsen Hill
- Competition information: Compete in USASA Rocky Mountain Series, Super Series, Holeshot Tour, and NorAm Cup races.
- Licensing requirements: A USASA license is required for USASA races. In addition, U.S. Ski & Snowboard membership and FIS license required for Holeshot Tour and higher level events.
September 7 – April 2
W 4:00-6:00pm at Bald Eagle Lake
T, Th 4:00-6:00pm @ HH
T-F 1:00-3:00pm @SB or HH
T&Th 5pm-6pm @HH gym
Sa 8:45-2:00pm @ SB
PROGRAM FEE:$6,075 +$450 work deposit
Non-resident price: $7,590 +$450 work deposit
With Pro-Am Race Add-on: $7,175 +$450 work deposit
Non-resident price: $8,965 +$450 work deposit
Check out all the SSWSC’s scholarship opportunities HERE!
For more information on work deposits and charitable contributions click here.