New age requirement and add-on options for 2022-23
Open to grades 9-12
(6th-8th graders check out the new RAD program)
This non-competitive program is designed for high school skiers that want to continue their improvement in a fun and social ski club environment. Athletes will work on all mountain free ski development including the terrain parks, half pipe, big mountain, groomers and trees, while continuing to cultivate life-long passion for the sport. This program focuses on skill development in a team environment to promote technical improvement as well as team camaraderie.
- Minimum requirement: Comfortable parallel alpine skiing on blue terrain
- Participants need alpine ski equipment including a helmet
- Participants must purchase a season pass to Steamboat Ski Resort
- This program does not require a “skier’s schedule” for SSHS students
2022/23 DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS: December 9 - March 12
Thursday 5:30-7:30pm at Steamboat Resort
Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm at Steamboat Resort
2022/2023 PROGRAM FEE: $1,950, plus a $300 refundable work deposit
These optional AMP add-ons are offered to enhance the experience for the many varied interests among our skiers. The sign ups for these activities will be sent out by the coaches.
- Four Tuesdays: January 10, 24, February 7, 28 4-6pm
- Learn the ins and outs of backcountry skiing at Howelsen and Dry Lake
- $50 drop-in fee
- Check with the coaches if you need gear
- 2-3 times each month
- Training on the airbag, terrain park, big mountain, or touring with our freeski coaches
- $50 drop-in fee
Day Trips/Overnight to IKON Resorts
- Travel to resorts to free ski, cheer on teammates at a competition, and explore another resort.
- Dates TBD. Additional cost for van travel and possibly lodging if overnight.
- Questions: Email Freeskiing Program Director Andy Michnay
Pre-season Water Ramp/Tramp BBQ
October 7 (weather permitting) for a fun social meet and greet
Click here for program fee scholarship information.
For more information about the SSWSC work deposit program, see the Volunteer page.
Questions about this program?
Email Andy Michnay, Freeskiing Program Director