This program is designed for the younger freeskiing athlete who is less competitively focused. All coaching will be geared toward freeskiing skill development across the entire mountain including the terrain parks, halfpipe, and big mountain, generally splitting time 40/60 between the competitive venue and out of venue. This program is a non-competitive skill development program focused on creating a team environment to promote technical growth. There will be two competitive travel opportunities along with travel camp opportunities to build team cohesion without the competition day focus.
- This program is for skiers in 7th and 8th grade
- Minimum skiing requirement: Desire and ability to ski black runs, improve skills and improve in all phases of skiing including slopestyle, halfpipe and big mountain skills.
- Equipment requirements: Alpine skiing or telemark equipment and a helmet. *Back protector required for IFSA competitions and recommended for training and USASA but not required.
- Season pass information: Purchase ski passes to Steamboat Ski Resort (Ikon recommended) and Howelsen Hill
- Competition information: Athletes may participate in regional and national level USASA and or IFSA events, for a maximum of 2 competitive events
- Licensing requirements: A USASA license is required for USASA slopestyle and halfpipe competitions, and an IFSA membership is required for all Big Mountain events.
2022/23 DATES: October 11-March 11
DRYLAND: October 11-November 11
Tuesdays 4:00-5:30 at Howelsen for field workout
Fridays 4:00-6:00 at Bald Eagle for trampoline/field workout
*If weather is poor we will have at least one team-building activity throughout the week indoors
If your athlete is not participating in other fall sports, check out our additional Junior Freeskiing Fall Dryland for additional preseason training and time in the gym.
ON-SNOW: November 29-March 11
Wednesday 4:15-6:15 at Howelsen Hill
Friday 4:15-6:15 at Howelsen Hill until December 9 then 5:30-7:30 at Steamboat Resort starting December 16
Saturday 9:00-1:00 at Steamboat Resort
2022/23 PROGRAM FEE: $2,950, plus $300 refundable work deposit
See the Scholarship page for information on our program fee scholarships, including the one-step EZ Scholarship.
For information on the SSWSC work deposit program, click here.
Email Andy Michnay, Freeskiing Program Director