This program is designed for the younger freeskiing athlete who is less competitively focused. All coaching will be geared toward freeskiing skill development across the entire mountain including the terrain parks, halfpipe, and big mountain, generally splitting time 40/60 between the competitive venue and out of venue. This program is a non competitive skill development program focused on creating a team environment to promote technical growth. There will be two competitive travel opportunities along with travel camp opportunities to build team cohesion without the competition day focus.
- Minimum skiing requirement: Desire and ability to ski black runs, improve skills and improve in all phases of skiing including slopestyle, halfpipe and big mountain skills.
- Equipment requirements: Alpine skiing or telemark equipment and a helmet
- Season pass information: Purchase ski passes to Steamboat Ski Resort and Howelsen Hill
- Competition information: Athletes may participate in regional and national level USASA and or IFSA events *max of 2 competitive events*
- Licensing requirements: A USASA license is required for USASA slopestyle and halfpipe competitions, an IFSA membership for all Big Mountain events.
October 13 - March 12
Oct 13 - Nov 18
W and F
W 4:15–6:15pm @ HH
F 5:30-7:30pm @ SB
Sa 9:00am–1:00pm @ SB
Air camps as scheduled
Sa 11:00am-3:00pm @ SB
PROGRAM FEE:$2,665 +$350 work deposit
Check out all the SSWSC’s scholarship opportunities HERE!