This program is designed for the competitively driven freeskiing athlete interested in regional competition. It is targeted at the phase 3 development level of the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Training System. Coaching will be geared toward freeskiing skill development across the entire mountain including terrain parks, halfpipe, and big mountain, generally splitting time 40/60 between the competitive venue and out of venue. Cross-training activities will include trampoline and conditioning. Travel will be offered for training camps and competition.
- Minimum skiing requirement: Desire and ability to ski black runs, to improve skills and to improve in all phases of skiing including slopestyle, halfpipe and big mountain skills. Contact Tony Lodico firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Equipment requirements: Alpine skiing or telemark equipment and a helmet
- Season pass information: Ikon pass recommended for skiing at Steamboat Ski Resort and Copper Mountain
- Competition information: Athletes will participate in regional and national level USASA and/or IFSA events *only two USASA events on the schedule*
- Licensing requirements: A USASA license is required for USASA slopestyle and halfpipe competitions, an IFSA membership for all Big Mountain events.
September 14 – April 2 (or thru IFSA NorAm Champs if qualified)
March 5– April 2
Sept 14 – Nov 20
T-F 4:00–6:00pm @ HH
T 4:15- 7:00pm @ HH
W 4:15-6:15pm @ HH
F 5:30-7:30pm @ SB
Sa 9:00am-1:00pm @ SB
Air camps as scheduled
Spring hours: Sa 11:00am-3:00pm @ SB
PROGRAM FEE: $3,375+$350 work deposit
Tuesdays 6-7pm is conditioning or trampoline during ski season.
Check out all the SSWSC’s scholarship opportunities HERE!