This program continues to develop a technical base of overall skiing skills continuing on from U10 but leans more toward moguls and freeskiing disciplines of halfpipe, slopestyle and big mountain. It is designed to help create the desire of skiers to learn more about their sport. Training includes moguls, slopestyle, halfpipe, big mountain, powder, trees, jumps, and steeps. DEVO Free includes competition options, and allows athletes to develop their personal vision of the sport. Skiers are encouraged to participate in the Steamboat Cup Series, and athletes who want even more competitive experiences can participate in selected US Ski and Snowboard Freestyle mogul events, USASA slopestyle and halfpipe events, and/or IFSA Big Mountain events. This program is scheduled for three days a week on snow, or one may choose to add a fourth day with an emphasis either on moguls or freeskiing disciplines through the DEVO Free + program. DEVO Free + skiers will start dryland training earlier and get additional acrobatic and movement skills training to support their development. The DEVO Free + program is geared toward motivated young skiers with a passion for moguls and freeskiing and skiers are encouraged to compete at some events throughout the winter. At this age and stage it is our goal to help create a love for the sport and a love for the process!
- Minimum skiing requirement: Must be able to ski blue / black runs confidently and interest in skiing across the whole mountain
- Equipment requirements: Alpine ski equipment and helmet. DEVO Free + participants should have twin tips for freeski or mogul-specific skis depending on which discipline they are leaning towards.
- Season pass information: Must have ski passes to Steamboat Ski Resort and Howelsen Hill
- Competition information: SSWSC will choose selected events from the Rocky Mountain Freestyle (moguls), USASA (halfpipe and slopestyle) and IFSA (big mountain) competition series that will be staffed. To maximize training opportunities, all competitions may not be attended.
- Licensing requirements: Skiers do not need a U.S. Ski & Snowboard license for the Steamboat Ski Cup Series, but it is required for U.S. Ski & Snowboard Rocky Mountain Division Moguls competitions, and a USASA license is required for USASA slopestyle and halfpipe competitions.
October 6 to March 19
W & F
4:00–6:00pm @ HH
W, F 4:00-6:00pm @ HH
Sa 8:30am–2:30pm @ SB
PROGRAM FEE: $2,675 +$350 work deposit
Devo Free+ Moguls
October 6 to March 19
W & F
4:00–6:00pm @ HH or WR
Tu 6:00-8:00pm @ HH
W, F 4:00–6:00pm @ HH
Th 1x a month 4:00-5:15pm @ Excel Gym
Sa 8:30am-2:30pm @ SB
PROGRAM FEE:$3,400 +$350 work deposit