This crossover program offers a unique opportunity available only in a place like Steamboat. Skiers alpine ski 2x/week and XC ski once. Athletes will ski on cross country (XC) skate equipment incorporating games, poma rides, jumps, balance work, skate technique and adventures with the goal of developing a broader range of balance, strength and movement skills that form the foundation of optimal athletic development. This requires athletes to have two sets of equipment: alpine gear and XC skate gear. Skiers will be with a consistent coach and group through the program as they use the different disciplines to become well-rounded, incredibly balanced skiers.
Minimum requirement: Comfortably ski blue runs on alpine equipment, no XC experience needed.
- Alpine skis - SSWSC partners with a few ski shops to ensure proper equipment and fit. There will be a U10 Alpine fit night in early October. Please make sure you clear your equipment with the head coach before purchasing or renting gear.
- Cross country skis - Athletes should rent a set of cross country skate skis. Please get your seasonal cross country rentals in September! The Steamboat Touring Center and Ski Haus will run out.
- Ski passes to Steamboat Ski Resort and Howelsen Hill All Access Pass
- Steamboat Cup Series/Hitchen’s Brothers Series do not require any additional memberships. Sign-up might be required.
- U.S. Ski & Snowboard or USASA membership is required for U.S. Ski & Snowboard (alpine and moguls) or USASA (freeskiing) competitions
- Register by October 1 to ensure a place in this program
2022/23 DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS:
Dryland Training: October Fun Fit optional add-on
On-Snow Training: December 3 - March 18
Monday: Alpine, 4:15-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill
Wednesday: XC, 4:15-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill
Saturday: Alpine, 8:30am-2:30pm at Steamboat Resort (exact times may change due to drop-off/pick-up locations)
2022/23 PROGRAM FEE: TBD