U10 Ski and Jump, ages 8-10
This crossover program offers a unique opportunity available only in a place like Steamboat. Skiers spend two days skiing the mountain on alpine skis and add one day of nordic jumping per week. Confidence, air awareness, balance, and gliding skills are among the benefits to the alpine skier, not to mention the fun factor of doing both programs! Participants will use alpine skis for jumping but can transition to nordic jumping skis/boots once they’re ready. Participation in the Hitchens Brothers’ Wednesday Night Jump Series and Steamboat Cups is encouraged. Athletes interested in jumping on some or all Saturdays in place of alpine skiing may do so with advance communication with the coaches. Participants will have two different coaching groups - on the alpine days, they’ll be with alpine coaches and an alpine ski group, and on the jumping days, they’ll be with jumping coaches and a jumping group. Register by September 1 to help ensure a place in this program.
- Minimum requirement: Comfortably ski blue runs
- Alpine skiing equipment - SSWSC partners with a few ski shops to ensure proper equipment and fit. There will be a U10 Alpine fit night at the beginning of October. Please make sure you clear your equipment with the head coach before purchasing or renting gear.
- Jump skis - Nordic jumping equipment is available to rent from the club for a nominal fee based on availability when athletes are ready (not all participants will need to or be ready to use nordic jumping skis).
- Athlete will need a season pass to Steamboat Ski Resort and Howelsen Hill (alpine only)
- Steamboat Cup Series/Hitchen’s Brothers Series do not require any additional memberships. Sign-up might be required.
- U.S. Ski & Snowboard or USASA membership is required for U.S. Ski & Snowboard (alpine and moguls) or USASA (freeskiing) competitions.
- Register by October 1 to ensure a place in this program
NEW U10 FALL PLASTIC JUMPING: Wednesday and Friday, 4:00-6:00pm + Mini-Camp, September 27 through October 22 (priced separately), cost $400.
2023-2024 DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS:
Dryland Training: Tuesday and Thursday, 4:15-5:30pm at Howelsen Hill. November 14, 16, 28, and 30
On-Snow Training: December 2 - March 16
Tuesday: Alpine, 4:15-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill
Friday: Jump, 4:00-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill
Saturday: Alpine: 8:30am-2:00pm at Steamboat Resort (exact times may change due to drop-off/pick-up locations)
*No Training December 23 - January 5, February 19-24
2023-2024 PROGRAM FEE: $3,050 plus $300 work deposit
For more information on the SSWSC work deposit program, click here.
Questions about this program?
Email Ali Givnish, Winter Youth Programs Director