Snowboard Junior Team Part-Time, grades 6-8
This recreational program is designed for riders who are eager to enhance their snowboarding skills and overall enjoyment of the mountain. The primary focus is on having fun while learning progressive freeride techniques and exploring various snowboarding disciplines, including giant slalom, slalom, halfpipe, slopestyle, rail jams, and snowboardcross. This is a non-competitive program, but athletes are encouraged to join the Community Jams throughout the winter. Additionally, we offer dryland training sessions prior to the on-snow season. These sessions focus on developing physical literacy, improving fitness, fostering team culture, setting individual goals, building camaraderie, and, most importantly, having fun. We understand and support athletes who engage in other sports during the fall season.
- Minimum riding requirement: Able to ride both edges comfortably on blue terrain and working towards linking turns.
- Equipment requirements: Participants need snowboard equipment, and a helmet. An all terrain board is recommended.
- Season pass information: Passes to Steamboat Ski Resort and Howelsen Hill required.
- Licensing requirements: A USASA license and/or ISFA membership is required for athletes interested in competing.
- This program is for riders 6th-8th grade (5th graders allowed with coach approval).
2023-2024 DATES, TIMES, and LOCATIONS:
DRYLAND: October 11 - November 1
Wednesday, 4:00-5:30pm at Howelsen Hill
ON-SNOW: November 29 - March 16
Wednesday and Thursday, 4:00-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill
Saturday, 8:30am-3:00pm at Steamboat Resort
There will be no training offered December 23-30 or February 21-24. All times and locations are subject to change and will be accompanied by sufficient communication ahead of time.
Halfpipe clinics will be offered on Sundays, 12:00-2:00pm, once the Bashor halfpipe is built and open to the public. No additional cost is required.
2023-2024 PROGRAM FEE: $3,150 plus $300 refundable work deposit
Questions about this program?
Email Alex Deibold, Snowboard Program Director