U10 Ski Meisters, ages 8-10
U10 Ski Meister combines two days of skiing with two days of nordic combined (ski jumping and cross country skiing). Skiers spend two days on alpine equipment focusing on enhancing their fundamentals, and two days with the U10 Nordic Combined program and its coaches, allowing kids to sample these unique and complementary sports. This is a one-of-a-kind program only available in Steamboat. The program provides a great foundation for skiers to pursue any discipline in the future. It is also a great program for kids who just like to do it all. Participants will use alpine skis for jumping, but might transfer to nordic jumping skis/boots once they are ready. Participation in the Hitchens Brothers’ Wednesday Night Jump Series and Steamboat Cups is encouraged. Athletes interested in jumping on some or all Saturdays in place of alpine skiing may do so with advance communication with the coaches.
- Minimum requirement: Comfortably ski blue runs
- Equipment: We partner with local shops to make available seasonal rental packages for athletes:
- Alpine skis - There will be a U10 Alpine fit night at the end of September or early October, then families can go to the shops for their rental package. Please make sure you clear your equipment with the head coach.
- Cross country skis - XC Gear - Athletes should rent a cross country skate ski package with skis, boots and polesPlease get your seasonal cross country rentals by September! The Steamboat Touring Center and Ski Haus will run out.
- Jump skis - Nordic jumping equipment is available to rent from the club for a nominal fee based on availability when athletes are ready, but many athletes will use their alpine skis all season on the jumps.
- Athletes will need a season pass to Steamboat Ski Resort and a Howelsen Hill All Access pass
- Steamboat Cup Series/Hitchen’s Brothers Series do not require any additional memberships. Sign-up might be required.
- U.S. Ski & Snowboard or USASA membership is required for U.S. Ski & Snowboard (alpine and moguls) or USASA (freeskiing) competitions.
- Register by October 1 to ensure a place in this program
NEW U10 FALL PLASTIC JUMPING: Wednesday and Friday, 4:00-6:00pm + Mini-Camp, September 27 through October 22 (priced separately), cost $400.
2023-2024 DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS:
Dryland Training: See the October Fun Fit optional add-on
Tuesday and Thursday, 4:15-5:30pm at Howelsen Hill. November 14, 16, 28, and 30
On-Snow Training: December 2 - March 16
Tuesday: Alpine, 4:15-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill
Thursday: XC, 4:15-5:45pm at Howelsen Hill
Friday: Jump, 4:00-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill
Saturday: Alpine, 8:30am-2:00pm at Steamboat Resort (exact times may change due to drop-off/pick-up locations)
*No Training December 23 - January 5, February 19 - 24
2023-2024 PROGRAM FEE: $3,570 plus $300 work deposit
See the Scholarships page for information on our program fee scholarships, including the one-step EZ Scholarship available to local families.
For more information on the SSWSC work deposit program click here.
Questions about this program?
Email Ali Givnish, Winter Youth Programs Director