Alpine U16 [Ages: 14-15]
*Based on the age of your child on December 31st
This program is designed to help competitors develop their skiing skills to their fullest potential. All aspects of competitive skiing will be covered, including physical conditioning, technical and tactical development and equipment preparation education, etc. Participants will compete in U16 races and the USSA scored SYNC series and may include out of division racing as qualified. USSA license required for divisional competitions.
- Minimum requirement: Attendance, participation, and physical standards should be met and maintained
- Participants need ski passes to Steamboat Ski Resort and Howelsen Hill
- Equipment requirement: Must have and consistently maintain SL, GS, and SG skis, properly fitted ski boots, helmet (USSA rule requires helmets be FIS approved - look for a sticker on the helmet that says conform to FIS specifications RH 2013), downhill skis are recommended
- An equipment fitting and ordering session is scheduled for September 8
- Dryland and on-snow requirement: Must commit to participating in 90% of dryland (or participate in fall sport) and on-snow training sessions
- Thursday night training at Steamboat Ski Resort will be offered for 8th graders and as a make-up or bonus training for others, night skiing pass add-on or night skiing lift ticket required
- U16 age group is made up of skiers born in 2001 and 2002
For more information on work deposits and charitable contributions click here.