The Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club has the below positions open at this time.
Alpine U16 Assistant Coach
Date posted: 3/29/18 Start date: Summer/Fall 2018
The SSWSC is seeking a knowledgeable, hard-working, athlete-centered coach for its U16 Alpine Program. This position is year-round and will report directly to the Head U16 Coach and the Alpine Competitive Director. He or she will have deep responsibility in all aspects of athlete management, year round dryland training programming and implementation, and a full U16 travel and competition schedule. He or she must be a great communicator both verbally and in writing. Strong computer and video analysis skills are preferred. A strong candidate must demonstrate and uphold the SSWSC core values.
Candidates should send resume and cover letter to Adam Chadbourne.
Events Operations Specialist
Date posted: 6/1/18
Job title: Events Operations Specialist
Number of openings: One
Department: SSWSC Operations
Duration of job: Full-Time; Year Round
Starting date: October 1st
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Annual Salary: (depending on experience)
SEE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION HERE
Jr. Freeskiing Lead Coach
Date posted: June 15, 2018
Interview period: June 15- August 15, 2018
Duration of job: September 10 –April 15th
Starting date: September 10, 2018
Days worked: Fall; 10 hrs T- F 9/15 -11/15
Winter; 20 hrs T,W,F,S 11/16 - 4/15
Weekend work: Yes
Job family: Coaching
Salary: Based on experience $6000- $8000
General Job description; Lead a group of young interested middle school students and develop them into a young Freeskiing Team. Working with Freeskiing Head Coach to develop programing that works in progressions to support the growth young freeskiing athletes. The Jr Freeskiing Lead Coach position starts in the fall with goal setting and fitness preparation, running through the winter season, supporting training, filming and competition goals.
Specific Job descriptions;
- Build, plan and implementation of a training plan for the Jr Freeskiing teams with the assistance of the Freeskiing Head Coach. This shall include but is not limited to, giving direction to the physical training, technical progressions, Freeskiing, trampoline work, and on course work.
Able to review, and maintain training venues.
Provide athletes with accurate and fair feedback regarding tactical, technical and mental preparation, in small positive chunks.
Able to shoot video and review video with athletes.
Assist in maintenance of all Freeskiing venues at Howelsen Hill or Mt Werner. Not limited to but including bag, pipe, and slopestyle course.
Provide the energy and support to foster the love of the sport of freeskiing
Work in both the Terrain Park and Big Mountain venues.
Travel will be assigned to the needs of the team and coaching staff
Minimum skills, experience, education and ability required for this job:
- The ability to work with and develop team of athletes.
Ability to work under pressure and to be a strong team player, proven leadership skills and experience necessary
Must have excellent guest relation skills and be comfortable working closely with volunteers and parents.
Willingness to attend management/supervisory training programs as requested.
Computer experience, familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, or Google Drive for Goal tracking and written correspondence
Strong organizational skills
Willing to work and develop a plan, involving Goal setting and tracking.
- Must be able to lift, carry and/or ski with up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis
Must be able to move install and perform hand work on rail features
Must be able to work on uneven terrain and often-inclement weather
Candidates should send resume and cover letter to Tony Lodico
Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club, FIS Coach
The Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club seeks a professional, engaged, and enthusiastic FIS coach. This coach’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Ability to work under pressure, with capacity to organize, prioritize and manage complex projects and processes pertaining to all FIS aged athletes.
• Strong project management skills and ability to ensure consistency of coaching, programming and process.
• Proficient knowledge of alpine racing and training, including course setting, safety netting and overall safety standards.
• Team player amongst SSWSC staff and coaches with proven leadership skills.
• Must possess excellent relationship and communication skills, in order to work closely with other coaches/parents/athletes and community partners.
• Must maintain current USSA coach certification.
• The candidate shall embody the SSWCS core values of Excellence, Integrity, Respect, Dedication, and Teamwork.
Start date: TBD
Please send resume and cover letter to Adam Chadbourne