Freeskiing Junior Team Part Time, grades 7-8
This program is designed for the younger freeskiing athlete looking to improve their Freeskiing skills in Big Mountain and Park/Pipe with an interest in trying competitions. All coaching will be geared toward freeskiing skill development across the entire mountain including the terrain parks, halfpipe, and big mountain, generally splitting time 40/60 between the competitive venue and out of venue. This program is a skill development program focused on creating a positive team environment to promote technical growth. There will be two competitive travel opportunities along with travel camp opportunities to build team cohesion without the competition day focus.
- This program is for skiers in 7th and 8th grade.
- Minimum skiing requirement: Desire and ability to ski black runs, improve skills and improve in all phases of skiing including slopestyle, halfpipe and big mountain skills.
- Equipment requirements: Alpine skiing or telemark equipment and a helmet. *Back protector required for IFSA competitions and recommended for training and USASA but not required.
- Season pass information: Purchase ski passes to Steamboat Ski Resort (Ikon recommended) and Howelsen Hill
- Competition information: Athletes may participate in regional and national level USASA and or IFSA events, for a maximum of two competitive events. Check out our RAD Program for a recreational team option.
- Licensing requirements: A USASA license is required for USASA slopestyle and halfpipe competitions, and an IFSA membership is required for all Big Mountain events.
2023-2024 DATES: October 11 – March 16
DRYLAND: October 11 – November 10
Wednesday and Thursday, 4:00-5:30pm at Howelsen Hill for field workout or Bald Eagle Lake for Trampoline/Filed Workout (if weather is poor we will have at least one team-building activity throughout the week indoors).
ON-SNOW: November 29 – March 16
Wednesday, 4:15-6:15pm at Howelsen Hill
Friday, 4:15-6:15pm at Howelsen Hill, then 5:30-7:30pm at Steamboat Resort when night skiing begins
Saturday, 8:15am-2:00pm at Steamboat Resort
2023-2024 PROGRAM FEE: $3,150 plus $450 refundable work deposit
See the Scholarship page for information on our program fee scholarships, including the one-step EZ Scholarship.
For information on the SSWSC work deposit program, click here.
Email Andy Michnay, Freeskiing Program Director