U13 Freestyle [Ages: 10–12]
This program continues to develop a technical base of alpine skiing and freestyle knowledge and to further the desire of skiers to learn more about their sport. Training includes skiing slopestyle, halfpipe, moguls, big mountain, powder, trees, jumps, gates and steeps, equipment preparation and more. U13 Freestyle introduces competitive skiing, and allows athletes to develop their personal vision of the sport. Skiers participate in the Steamboat Cup Series, and athletes who want more competitive experience participate in USSA Rocky Mountain Qualifier/Devo Series mogul events and/or USASA slopestyle and halfpipe events. Skiers have the option of three days a week on snow, or may choose to add a fourth day with an emphasis on moguls through the U13+ program. A four day training program with park and pipe emphasis is through the Freeskiing Junior Team. U13+ skiers will start dryland training earlier and get additional gymnastics and trampoline training to support their development. The U13+ program is geared toward motivated young skiers with a passion for mogul skiing and training and skiers are expected to compete in Rocky Mountain Freestyle events.
- Minimum requirement:
- Must be able to ski blue runs confidently
- Participants need alpine ski equipment and ski passes to Steamboat Ski Resort and Howelsen Hill
- U13+ participants should have a mogul-specific ski
- SSWSC will choose selected events from the Rocky Mountain Freestyle and USASA competition series that will be staffed. To maximize training opportunities, all competitions may not be attended
- Skiers do not need a USSA license for the Steamboat Ski Cup Series, but a USSA license is required for USSA Rocky Mountain Division Moguls competitions, and USASA license is required for USASA slopestyle and halfpipe competitions.
For more information on Work Deposits & Charitable Contributions click here.