Ski Meisters practice alpine and cross country skiing as well as nordic ski jumping. These three disciplines are complementary and provide a great foundation for skiers to pursue one of the disciplines in the future. This is also a great program for kids who just like to do it all. It combines the U10 2-day skiing program with a day of cross country and a day of jumping in the U10 Nordic Combined program. Participants may use alpine skis for jumping, or use nordic jumping skis/boots once ready. Nordic jumping equipment is available to rent from the club for a nominal fee based on availability. Participants should have their own alpine and cross country skis (ask coaches about seasonal rental packages available through local businesses). Participation in the Hitchens Brothers’ Wednesday Night Jump Series and Steamboat Cups is encouraged. Athletes interested in jumping on some or all Saturdays in place of alpine skiing may do so with advance communication with the coaches. Dryland training goes until on-snow training begins, typically mid-late November. Jumping and cross country end on March 12.
Minimum requirement: Successful completion of a U8 program or strong intermediate skiing skills
- Equipment: XC skate skis, boots and poles; alpine skis, boots and poles
- Ski passes: Howelsen Hill All Access pass and Steamboat Ski Resort pass required, not included in fees
- A U.S. Ski & Snowboard membership is required to compete in U.S. Ski & Snowboard sanctioned events
- Register by October 1 to ensure a place in this program
Oct 28 – Mar 19
Th Alpine starting Oct 28 4:00-5:30pm @ HH
F Jump training starting Oct 29 4:00-5:30pm @ HH
T XC ski 4:00-6:00pm @ HH
Th Alpine ski 4:15-6:00pm @ HH
F Jump 4:00-6:00pm @ HH (through Mar 11)
Sa Alpine ski 8:30am-2:30pm @ SB
$2,650 plus refundable $400 work deposit
- SCHOLARSHIP PRICING
- The EZ Scholarship is available to resident athletes whose 2020 family adjusted gross income (AGI) is under $160,000. When registering, you may choose the appropriate scholarship discount as follows:
2020 AGI Adjusted program fee $60,000 or less $1,590.00 $60,000-$85,000 $1,987.50 $85,000-$110,000 $2,252.50 $110,000-$160,000 $2,385.00
Note that at the end of registration on the payment screen, the full price of the program will show, but before your payment is processed the amount will be adjusted. The scholarship does not reduce the work deposit.
In addition to the EZ Scholarship, families may apply for program fee scholarships whether or not they are eligible for the EZ Scholarship. For full scholarship info, click here.
For more information on work deposits and charitable contributions click here.