PASS is designed for riders committed to slopestyle training and prequalified for NorAm slopestyle competitions. Specific attention is given to each athlete in designing and implementing a realistic competition schedule to maximize performance and improve points. Coaches will focus on isolating and enhancing the various skill sets needed to excel in slopestyle. The training schedule will be customized to each individual rider’s competition schedule to better accommodate energy preservation and concentrated focus. Riders will work with their coach pre-season to establish an outline of their training and competition schedule. All aspects of freestyle snowboarding are implemented including physical conditioning, video review, video-edit composition, mental preparation, technical ability, tactical development and equipment preparation. Strength and conditioning is included two days per week throughout the winter season. Mental strength training is offered through SSWSC’s in-house Mental Strength Coach. Participants will be on a full racer schedule with “0” hour at SSHS.
- Minimum riding requirement: Pre-qualification into Revolution Tour Slopestyle Events
- Equipment requirements: Discipline specific snowboard equipment and a helmet
- Season pass information: Purchase season passes at Steamboat Ski Resort (IKON Pass recommended) and Howelsen Hill
- Competition information: Will compete in Future’s Tours and Revolution Tours around the country.
- Licensing requirements: A USASA license, U.S. Ski & Snowboard membership, and a FIS license are required for Future’s Tours and Revolution Tours.
2022/23 DATES, TIMES, and LOCATIONS: September 6 – March 29
DRYLAND: September 6 - November 11
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 4:30-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill
Wednesday 4:00-6:00pm at Bald Eagle Lake
ON-SNOW: November 29 - March 29
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, 1:00-4:00pm at Steamboat Resort **subject to change once competition schedule is posted**
Tuesday at Howelsen Hill as scheduled for airbag
Tuesday and Thursday 5:00-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill gym
2022/23 PROGRAM FEE:
RESIDENT*: $6,000, plus $600 refundable work deposit
NON-RESIDENT: $7,500, PLUS $600 refundable work deposit
*Full-time residents of Routt or Moffat County, or full-time participants of SSWSC for two years or more (see Member Handbook for full details on resident fees)
Questions about this program?
Email Maddy Schaffrick, Snowboard Program Director