This program is for the younger riders who are serious about their snowboarding and exhibit a high level of dedication to their personal riding improvement. Training in all competitive disciplines (giant slalom, slalom, snowboardcross, slopestyle, rail jam and halfpipe) will be offered. Competition is optional. Participation in local Community Jams and regional USASA events is encouraged. Riders will work with coaches on a clear path in either racing or freestyle. Specific discipline training will be provided. Riders will work with coaches to establish a competition schedule for the season to achieve an optimal balance between training and events.
- Minimum riding requirement: Expert riding ability, highly motivated to improve and a possible desire to compete. Coach approval required; elementary school riders will be required to petition for this team.
- Equipment requirements: Snowboard equipment and a helmet. Snowboard equipment will depend on specific discipline.
- Season pass information: Purchase season passes at Steamboat Ski Resort and Howelsen Hill. (IKON pass recommended)
- Competition information: Riders will participate in the USASA Regional Series; stronger riders that meet the age requirement may participate in U.S. Ski & Snowboard Futures Tour, SBX Super Series and/or Revolution Tour, SBX Holeshot.
- Licensing requirements A USASA license is required for all USASA Rocky Mountain Series competition. U.S. Ski & Snowboard membership required for Futures Tour/Super Series and Rev Tour/Holeshot.
September 28-April 2
Tuesday 4-6pm HH
Wednesday 4-6pm CMC
Thursday 4-6pm Bald Eagle Lake
Until ski resorts open
T, W, Th 4:00-6:00pm @ HH
Sat 9am-2:00pm @ Steamboat Resort
PROGRAM FEE:$3,800 +$450 work deposit
Training schedules on Holiday weeks may differ in order to better align with abbreviated school schedules and will be communicated prior to those weeks.
Halfpipe clinics will be offered on Sundays, 12:00-2:00pm, once the Bashor halfpipe is built and open to the public. No additional cost is required.
Check out all the SSWSC’s scholarship opportunities HERE!
For more information on work deposits and charitable contributions click here.