This program is for the younger riders who are serious about their snowboarding and exhibit a high level of dedication to their personal riding improvement. Training in all competitive disciplines (giant slalom, slalom, snowboardcross, slopestyle, rail jam and halfpipe) will be offered. Competition is optional. Participation in local Community Jams and regional USASA events is encouraged. Riders will work with coaches on a clear path in either racing or freestyle disciplines and specific discipline training will be provided though the overall program remains well-rounded. Riders will work with coaches to establish a competition schedule for the season to achieve an optimal balance between training and events. There is a short break in the schedule between fall dryland training and the start of on-snow training.
- Minimum riding requirement: Expert riding ability, highly motivated to improve and a possible desire to compete. Coach approval required; elementary school riders will be required to petition for this team.
- Equipment requirements: Snowboard equipment and a helmet. Snowboard equipment will depend on specific discipline.
- Riders must purchase season passes for Steamboat Ski Resort (Ikon recommended) and Howelsen Hill.
- Competition information: Riders will participate in the USASA Regional Series; stronger riders that meet the age requirement may participate in the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Futures Tour, SBX Super Series and/or Revolution Tour, or SBX Holeshot Tour.
- Licensing requirements: A USASA license is required for all USASA Rocky Mountain Series competitions. U.S. Ski & Snowboard membership required for Futures Tour/Super Series and Rev Tour/Holeshot.
2022/23 DATES: October 11-March 30
Dryland training: October 11-November 10
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 4:00-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill, Colorado Mtn College or Bald Eagle Lake depending on the day
On-snow training: November 29-March 30
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 4:00-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill
Saturday 9:00am-2:00pm at Steamboat Resort
*Halfpipe clinics will be offered on Sundays from 12:00-2:00pm once the halfpipe in Bashor is built and open to the public
2022/23 PROGRAM FEE: $4,150, plus a $450 refundable work deposit
Check out our Scholarship page for information on program fee scholarships, including the one-step EZ Scholarship completed during registration.
For more information about the work deposit program, click here.
Questions about this program?
Email Maddy Schaffrick, Snowboard Program Director