Alpine U12 [Ages: 10-12]
*Based on the age of your child on December 31st
In this program, the coaches help develop a technical base of knowledge and further the desire of the skiers to learn more about the sport of alpine skiing and ski racing. Training includes skiing bumps, powder, trees, jumps, gates and steeps, equipment preparation and more. Skiers participate in the Steamboat Cup Series and USSA Rocky Mountain Division competitions are optional. The U12 plus program provides an additional day of training for motivated skiers who want more on-snow and dryland training and competition opportunities. Athletes participating in fall sports do not need to attend dryland training that is in conflict with their practice schedule, but dryland is highly encouraged for all others. Dryland training runs up until skiing begins (skiing starts as soon as conditions allow).
- Minimum requirement: Comfortable on blue and black runs
- Participants need ski passes to Steamboat Ski Resort (with night skiing add-on) and Howelsen Hill
- Equipment: slalom skis, GS skis recommended, properly fitted junior ski boots, helmet (an equipment fit and ordering session is scheduled for September 8)
- Optional participation in out of town races
- USSA license required for divisional competitions; not Steamboat Cup Series
- U12 age group is all athletes born in 2005 and 2006. 2004 year of birth skiers who only want two days of training and do not wish to compete in divisional competitions may also join the alpine U12 program.
For more information on work deposits and charitable contributions click here.
Your 10 - 11 year old athlete might also enjoy the following programs: